Saturday 20 June 2009

FROM D BEAUTIFUL MIND OF A BRIDE..part 1

Wedding Preparation

Wow, time really flies very fast. Rupanya 5 months udah me bergelar Mrs. G.Ban ani..ehehe..rasanya mcm baru jua yesterday kami nikah..aisehmen.. I still remember that day..9 January 2009, the day when my “Miss” title berubah jadi “Mrs.” Masih fresh dlm ingatan n takkan ku lupa sampai bila2. Like any other bride-to-be, the anxiety of getting married increases as “the day” approaches. My hubby n I have been planning our wedding preparation for over a year and we’re glad that everything went according to plan.

3 months after our engagement on 07.07.07 (nice date huh) my hubby (masa tu stil fiancĂ©) n I sat down together n started to talk serious matters. Well, knowing him..he’s d joker dlm familynya..so I guez u can see my point here. Anyway, we discussed about a lot of things. Family suggested kami kawin 08.08.08 (ngam gi Friday)..lawa plang that date tapi masalahnya date atu very the popular..ramai udah pengantin booking tarikh keramat atu plus that month memang ramai urg kawin kan menyampati before puasa. So it was a very BIG NO! NO! nah ada exclamation mark lgi..ehehe.

We liat calendar lagi..rasa2nya December 2008 kot? But Dec has always been a popular month for weddings jua n byk urg vacation overseas so last2 nya we decided to push to January 2009. With our dates confirmed, we both told our families..durang pun ok, nada halangan. After that bermula lah “Amazing Race” kami mencari bridal boutique, souvenirs for the jemputans, catering mana yg bisai, wedding photographer n videographer..and all sorts of things yg sedara mara sama wedding anilah. Mun negeri lain buleh pakai khidmat wedding planner asal ada ongkos nya. But for me, I loved being my own wedding planner. Satisfaction atu lebih terasa cos everything u do urself. Ngalih nya nda pyh cetalah..memang tiring but puashati. My mom acted as the advisor and I owe a lot to my cuzzies Jojo n Amoi. I also asked for opinions jua from my aunties and uncles.

The most fun part of all bila kan kawin ani is the shopping for hantaran part..yeyyy..heheh..cos this is the part where u can buy anything u want..ehehe..plus u get to spend more time with ur beloved cos of the wedding preparations. N then there’s also the part of surveying for bridal boutiques. We went bridal hunting for about 3 months before we found one which best suited our budget. Bajunya pun lawa2. My hubby n I wanted our baju songkets to be customed made, ofcourse ada additional cost plang tu but it was worth it. I became a regular customer buying Pesona Pengantin magz, not only does it give fashion tips but also tips about almost everything pasal marriage n relationships. Baguslah magz atu. Til now me setia membali..heheh..

2008 was really a hectic year for my hubby and me. Every month memang ada sja yg we buy for our wedding nanti..usually after payday la..heehee..days passed by..months pun laju jua..tau2 it’s almost end of December udah. Wah tak terasa la..nda gi lama kami kan kawin panya. Everything else was settled, kursus nikah pun sudah..tinggal menghitung hari saja lagi..I almost couldn’t believe that I was getting married..balik2 I asked my cuz Jojo, “banarkah aku kan kawin ani beb?” sampai ia pun sanak udah mndgr..hahaha..marah cia plang cJoj anie ;p Tik tok tik tok..masa pun berlalu..

Sesi memilih wedding ring

hmm...I think i'll go with fresh flowers

acara membungkus souvenirs

0 comments:

Post a Comment